Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Vehicle Acquired

We drove up to Fayetteville and bought the new car yesterday. As a activity to do when your father has just died, I kind of recommend it. It's boring, it's directed mostly by others, it occupies a long stretch of your time, and when you're done, you have a new vehicle.

We went for the Subaru Forester, Ltd. It was on sale, plus we traded in the Mustang, which honestly we got more for than I expected. 

the new vehicle

It's probably the nicest vehicle we have ever owned. I haven't done much with the touchscreens and other tech yet, but I love the back-up camera and the lane crossing warnings. (When you get too close to the other lane, the car cheeps at you sorrowfully. It is very disappointed in your driving.)

I also hung out with my family up there, which helped with the anxiety and depression which I am feeling, apparently, instead of grief. Or maybe this is part of the grieving process? It's definitely different from what I felt when my mother and brothers died.


5 comments:

Foscavista said...

My Toyota Corolla judges me every time I drive by giving me an eco score.

delagar said...

Ha! Mine also scolds me when I accelerate too quickly.

nicoleandmaggie said...

I will warn you to be careful with the backup camera until you're used to it. The first week I owned my new car I had to get one of the side mirrors reattached.

I have definitely felt different kinds of grief for losses that were expected and extended compared to those that were sudden and unexpected. There's probably lots of other factors too-- no one way to do grief even if you're the same person.

Jenny F Scientist said...

My favorite on our subaru is the cruise control, which will slow down and speed up to keep you a safe distance from other cars (you can tell it how far) AND which is super easy to resume. And the backup camera with the little yellow lines!

delagar said...

I love the little yellow lines!