Tuesday, March 12, 2024

ARGH

My washing machine (which I bought from a second-hand shop) has finally quit working entirely. Formerly it would stall, and I'd have to kick it or bang the lid hard, and it would start working again. Now it's totally and finally dead.

We're going to look for another eventually, but for now it's back to the laundromats for me.

Meanwhile it is spring in Arkansas. Everything is blooming and I can shut off the heat and leave the windows open. My cats are very pleased.



2 comments:

Debbie said...

Is it anything you could try to fix? If it's fun to take things apart, it won't hurt anything to investigate, since you're tossing this anyway.

delagar said...

I mean, theoretically, sure. But actually no. I am probably the least adept person in Arkansas when it comes to fixing anything. Though I can sew on buttons and I know how to work a screwdriver!

Also it's really old. We got it from a secondhand shop and I think it's actually like third or fourth hand.