Friday, March 05, 2021

Annual Evaluation Time

 It's that time of year, when we turn in our annual evaluations.

I hate this with such a passion. I don't mind the part where we list what we did during the year -- published this, sat on that committee -- but we also have to write little narratives, explaining how our teaching methods were improved and how we responded to student feedback and GOD I hate this part.

That's bad enough, but over the past two years our university has decided we should fill out spreadsheets -- each thing you could possible have done as a faculty member (in theory) is listed and assigned a numerical value. Then you go through the spreadsheet and check little boxes, for everything you have done. Then you get a score, and voila, you've been evaluated.

I suppose this makes someone happy somewhere. For me, the hardest part is figuring out how to save the fucking spreadsheet once it's filled out.

Grr.



No comments: