Sunday, January 03, 2021

Curry Soup

 I've been hungry for curry all year. This is a new version of the potato soup with curry I posted awhile back, created because I only had two potatoes.

Ingredients:

  • Celery
  • onion
  • carrots
  • potatoes
  • bacon grease
  • apples
  • curry powder
  • salt, pepper
  • broth of some sort
  • milk (either cow or coconut)

Instructions:

  1. Chop celery, onions, and carrots into small bits. Cook over low in some sort of fat -- I used bacon grease because we have it, but anything you have will work. I used an onion, two carrots, and three celery stalks, because that's what we had.
  2. Peel and dice apples and potatoes. I had two each, so that's what I used. Add chopped bit to the cooking celery mix.
  3. Add curry powder to this mix, and cook a few minutes more to wake up the spices. I used two tablespoons of curry powder, but if you don't like your soup too spicy feel free to use less. Add a little salt and pepper -- like a half teaspoon of each.
  4. Pour in the broth. Any broth you have will do. Use vegetable if you have a choice.
  5. Cook over low for about 20 minutes. Run half of it through a blender or else use your immersion blender until most of it is smooth. 
  6. Add some milk or some half-n-half or some coconut milk.
  7. Eat with bread!
 
The bread I'm using

Bread was made and photographed by Dr. Skull


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! Yummy soup!

delagar said...

It's so good!