I have some (very vague) ideas about what I want to teach and what I don't want to teach also.
Kind of essentially, I don't want to teach most of the books I taught in Woman's Lit last spring, which ended up being these:
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own
- Joanna Russ, A Female Man
- Kameron Hurley, God's War
- bell hooks, bone black
- Janet Mitchell, Creepy Girl and Other Stories
- Harriet Jacobs, Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
- Michelle Tea, Rent Girl
- Charlotte Gilman, Herland
- Our Bodies, Ourselves
Also, obviously, I want this one to be a great deal less Western / American, and a great deal more multi-cultural.
Maybe less 20th/21st century too.
Anyway! I have a few ideas of my own, but I'd love a wider range.
Anyone having brilliant suggestions, drop them in comments, please!