Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sad News/Glad News

Having paid our taxes, we are now so broke I can't afford to buy iTunes, which is making me sad, since Steve Earle and Billy Bragg both have new albums out, and is making the kid sad, since she has just discovered West Side Story and wants to buy the song track so that she can listen to "Somewhere" over and over and over.

But!

I just got the check in the mail for "Velocity's Ghost," my story which is appearing in The Other Half of the Sky, the anthology which comes on on Tuesday, April 23, which all y'all should buy because it is so good.





And once I put that check in the bank, we won't be broke any more.  So that's okay then!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

youtube has more west side story on it than a person could ever listen to in a lifetime

J. Otto Pohl said...

It is not available in Ghana. In fact we get very little science fiction here. We do, however, get a very large number of American thrillers.

delagar said...

That's how she's been listening to it so far, N&M!

J. Otto, I think you can buy it direct from the publisher. Not sure, though!

J. Otto Pohl said...

That is a problem since I don't have a credit card.

Athena Andreadis said...

You will also be able to buy it from Amazon and B&N as either print or e-book.

delagar said...

True! I meant to say that. I did say it over on the Feministe post.

Unknown said...

One more book to add to my summer reading list. :)

Anonymous said...

West Side Story! My heart's devotion. -- L

jo(e) said...

I'm adding it to my stack of summer reading books!