- It's hot here. Mid-November and we still have days reaching to the 70's. I do not like.
- Thanks to our techno-friendly campus, students can demand to be advised 24/7! I don't exactly know that I must comply, but I seem to be complying. Advised a kid at eleven-thirty last night. Yes. Saturday night. Am I a loser or what?
- I'm revising Martin's War, which is supposed to come out in December or January. Assiduously. This is, I'm hoping, the final revision. It's slow going.
- I've submitted two stories and a novel to three different journals, on various continents of the planet. Now I am waiting to be rejected. This is my least favorite part of being a writer.
- We got a stern email from the kid's teacher about how the kid did not do a presentation which was due this past Friday -- a book report, of all things. She had read the book, but it had to have props and a written component. She hadn't done that. So we're spending the weekend on remedial sturm und drang. (The kid hates homework.)
- Did I mention it was hot?
3 hours ago