Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Kid

I'm chasing the kid off to her bath last night, and she's giving me mouth, as usual, she doesn't want to take her bath now, she doesn't want this, she doesn't want that, she wants a snack first, can't I make her some popcorn?

"Fine, Christ," I snap. "I'll make some popcorn."

I come out into the front room, and she's standing, having already stripped down for her bath, absolutely naked, reading a collection of Pogo comic strips absently.

"You're naked," I say. "You can't eat popcorn naked."

"You can eat anything naked," she informs me. "You just can't go into a bar."

7 comments:

CB said...

lol.

Anonymous said...

She has a fair point.

Anonymous said...

Pogo! Oh My Gawd! Your daughter will have her mind (properly) warped. I think it was a strip in the 1960's where the characters were walking through a litter-polluted area. The punch line was "We have met the enemy and he is us."

sugaredharpy said...

HAHAHAHA! I really adore her.

zelda1 said...

She's correct. You can eat naked. LOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

If the subject comes up again you might caution her against cooking naked. Bad things can happen when you do that.

Anonymous said...

Depends on the bar. . .