Thursday, August 09, 2007

Summer Break

I finished grading all the exams and essays from Summer II last night at just past midnight -- finding only one plagiarized essay in this semester's batch, but it was quite an effort -- calculated the grades, and got them in this morning, just under the wire.

Now I am done with teaching until August 20th, though I have to return for pre-school conferencing on the 17th. You will see this gives me, what, six days, free for writing and research?

What luxury!

I have just returned, btw, from taking the kid to the public library, to stock her up on Chelm books and poetry books, in the hopes of keeping *her* quiet so that I *can* do some writing and research.

We'll see.

It's going to be over 100 here, all week, also. So at least I won't be tempted to spend the week outdoors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get the kid a "University of Chelm" hoodie sweatshirt for back-to-school while you're at it. --L

delagar said...

She would *love* that! Do you have a link?

Anonymous said...

No, but you can get them made. There's probably a print shop in town that can do it, or your university's art department probably has silk screening equipment. You probably know a student who can do it.

Some friends and I had a University of Chelm sweatshirt made for a rabbi we were seeing off to greener pastures. It was a big hit. I'm sorry I didn't get one for myself. --L