(1) It is still 105 here. Every day. The weather page says we're under SEVERE HEAT WARNING until tomorrow night, when it's going to break, and then we'll only have 97 as our high. Oy. I can't function! Malfunction! Malfunction! Even though we have AC and use it and even though we wear almost nothing inside (shorts and no shoes and wife-beaters -- that's me and the kid and I will not even MENTION what mr. delagar wears or rather does not wear) we are still so hot we can barely move during the day and at night it is one or two in the morning before we cool down enough to sleep. The AC cannot keep up with 105 degrees, and I can't turn it down far enough anyway, not unless I want a $500 electric bill this month.
(2) The kid is having belly pain. What does this mean? No one knows. She has had it since last spring. Gets worse after she eats. Gets better when she exercises. Accompanied by belching. No fever. She's lost four pounds since April, mainly because since it's connected to eating, she won't eat. She also won't watch TV or go to movies, since she's convinced it gets worse when she does these things. She's convinced it gets better when she reads, so, well, that's good -- I guess. Except for the bit about how she won't eat. Her doctor and I are flummoxed. We did an ultrasound today, and found nothing. Did bloodwork in June, and found nothing. Both prescription and over-the-counter acid reducers do very little. Aside from the obvious (that the kid is a whack) anyone have ideas?
(3) I have been trying to get my character down a street for THREE DAYS now. It's hot where he is, they're having a bad heat wave (hey -- I wonder why?) also he's drinking too much rum (the fuck is up with this?) and his kid is having issues (dude -- what's going on? Parallel universes, ya think?). Why can't I get him up the road? How do I get him up the road? What's the de-e-eal?
(4) It's too hot to cook here. What can we eat?
(5) Parents' meeting at her school tonight. School starts Monday. For her -- yay! -- but also for me. Oh, well.
3 hours ago