I've been watching the YouTube videos put out by Andraz Egart, who describes himself as "a twenty-five year old adventurer from Slovenia," and who climbs mountains and camps overnight in public bivouacs and other places.
I don't know why I'm so fascinated with these. Egart has a nice sense of humor, and the scenery is great, but a lot of the time I'm clutching my hair and yelling at the screen, "You're crazy! What are you doing! DON'T DO THAT!"
I think I might like seeing what the bivouacs look like inside. There are usually multiple bunks or sleeping spaces, and sometimes a wood-burning stove, though not always. People leave extra food for other climbers, or blankets, or wood. We don't have anything like that here in Arkansas, but on the other hand we probably don't need it. It would be hard to get far enough away from a town to need shelter. Also, of course, the US does not believe in the public good. Or at least the South does not.
Anyway, they're usually thirty to forty minutes long and I watch them at 1.3 speed, usually one every evening. They're what I watch when I am too tired to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment