Monday, April 17, 2023

Interview with Chana Porter

You can read my interview with Chana Porter over on IZ Digital here!

Porter has just written an dystopian sort of novel about life in a society where food consumption is seen as shameful while sex acts are "totally destigmatized," in Porter's words. Plus there's class issues! I liked this book very much, and Porter's interview was great.


My favorite bit from the interview:

I found Octavia Butler when I was 19 in a public library. By some stroke of luck, I pulled Dawn down from the shelf. I had no idea who she was. And that book rewired my brain. I don’t think I would have written The Seep without the Lilith’s Brood series – an alien invasion of Earth that solves as many problems as it creates, and thinks so expansively about gender and sexuality.

Remember you can subscribe to IZ Digital!

No comments: