Saturday, November 02, 2019

Things We Did Not Carry


As all y'all know, we had to move out of our old house rapidly (in less than two weeks) because our landlord lost his rag. This meant we had to pack up everything in only a few days -- I think it was less than five days, total -- and that meant we ended up either donating or throwing away so much stuff. Some things toward the end we just shoveled things into boxes and donated them, without really paying attention; some we just abandoned in the yard for the local trash guys to haul away. (They will do this free of charge four times a year.)

Things we have now discovered we left behind or donated that we really wish we had not:


  • The whisk broom we used to sweep crumbs off the table
  • Dr. Skull's cleaver 
  • several small trash cans (I think I must have filled them with junk and donated them)
  • My other jeans that fit (I accidentally kept the ones that don't fit)
  • Two lamps
  • The dog's leashes
  • the rake
  • the shovel
  • the ladder
  • the branch cutter (these last four I think I must have left out in the back yard -- luckily this new house came with its own ladder)
  • my cast iron skillet (this must have been shoved to the back of the cupboard so that I didn't see it)

None of these are huge losses, aside from the jeans that fit, obviously. It is so hard to find jeans that fit right, or at least for me it is. I share this only under to prove that point that three moves equal one fire.

Also, I'm sure we'll find other things that didn't survive the move as we go along. 





No comments: