(1) My world is smashed full. It is finals for Summer I, so I have been grading & grading; and Summer II starts on the 6th, so I have to prep for that. (I'm teaching a full load both sessions, b/c we are even more broke than ever, as, I realize, so is everyone else in the country, except the rich motherfucker who broke the country. They are richer than ever. Don't get me started. Where's my damn pitchfork?) Besides teaching, I am at work on writing because
(2) It is nearly time for Broken Slate to begin running at Crossed Genres, so I have been working with my editor, Kay Holt, oh how I love this sentence, on the final revisions of that novel, smacking it into shape for publication; and
(3) two more book review for Strange Horizons; and
(4) I think six separate short stories currently getting revised; and
(5) an English grammar class I'm teaching in the fall I need to start prepping for; and
(6) we're going to homeschool the kid this year, so we're learning how to do that; and
(7) I think that's it, except the massive depression that overwhelms me all the time these days, due to the destruction of my beloved country and planet by these horrible people. Who surround us. And won't shut up. I don't know what to do about that. Drinking more rum is not, so far, really helping much.