Saturday, September 27, 2008

Torture

Last night, during the debate, McCain admitted that his administration, or at least the Bush administration he has supported 90% of the time, despite his cute comments about how he's not "Miss Congeniality" and how he's a "Maverick," has, in fact, tortured prisoners.

This is no surprise to anyone who has been paying attention, so I didn't blink when he made the admission -- or rather, the promise to the people that if he was elected he'd make sure no"American" prisoners were tortured ever again (screw any other prisoners -- business as usual with them).

Notice where that leaves guys like this.

Given what Rice and the rest have been revealing about what went on in the Bush White House, well, why be appalled now, but I am made ill by my country -- by these things being done in my country's name.  When Obama says that he will make America's respected again around the world, I say Yes.  That's what I want.  Bush has made us liars and torturers and pirates.  I want us to be the good guys again.

No comments: