Saturday, February 05, 2022

Snow and Ice, Ice and Snow

 It warmed up to the high 30s yesterday, which was not enough to melt the ice and snow, but was warm enough for me to have a walk. I made my mile and a half without having to stop and consider fainting, so I think I am cured.

Most of the roads were clear, but there were patches of thick ice in the shadier spots. I did get my mail yesterday. No trash pickup. The sanitation website promises they will come tomorrow.

My walk was sunny and beautiful. All the trees were coated with ice and the sun lit that ice in sparkling brilliance. The snow was marked with the footprints of birds, rabbits, and squirrels. I also found the fox's trail -- I think it was the fox, since it led into the field where I think she lives.

Freezing weather tonight too, and tomorrow. It won't get reliably above freezing until midweek. We may venture out to the store tomorrow, because we are running out of food. (Especially milk, but not bread, because Dr. Skull is baking bread daily. His bread is amazing.)

No comments: