Monday, January 24, 2022

Maybe I'll Live

I walked a mile without stopping today, ate some chicken and potatoes for dinner, and have not felt like passing out even once. Maybe I'ma live.

Also I read a book that wasn't Angela Thirkell -- A Marvelous Light, by Freya Marske. It's set in a fantasy Edwardian England, and has a secret cabal of magicians who run (I think?) the British government, also a M/M romance as the main characters.

There's a certain amount of graphic violence and abuse, not between the two main characters, but visited upon one of them by his sadistic and creepy family. Also some really (really, really) graphic sex. And I'm made a little uneasy by that secret cabal, since that always makes me think of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I'm probably too touchy on that point. 

A good read, though, and the first in a trilogy. Also I liked Robin's secretary a lot -- more about her please.



No comments: