Thursday, August 22, 2019

Update on the Update


The landlord seemed positively cheery about us having so many animals. Also, he says of course he will deal with the fallen trees. He seemed surprised at the question. He says we'll just need to mow and keep the bushes cut back. (Which is what I have always understood "lawn and yard care" to mean.)

We're meeting to sign the lease and walk through the house tomorrow. Thanks to every one of you who donated, we can (just barely) pay the deposit. By the time we have to actually move, I'll have been paid, so we can pay the first month's rent and deal with renting the U-Haul.

I'm hoping, since we've been living in Fort Smith for 16 years and never missed a utility payment once (or a rent check either, I'll just mention -- never even been late with one) that we won't have to pay deposits again. So that should be okay.

Here's the living room of the house:




Here is the kitchen:



It's a little smaller than our current place, but it's also cheaper. Plus it's so close to the university that I can walk to work or ride my bike. Which is excellent.

Again, thank you to everyone who made this possible. I'm sending you love and hugs and every good wish in the world.



5 comments:

Nicoleandmaggie said...

Yay! Congratulations!

delagar said...


We're especially pleased with the location and the price! But the house itself is lovely!

delagar said...


Also! You can't tell from the pics, but that's a gas stove. I've missed cooking with gas!

JaneB said...

Wonderful news!

delagar said...


Thank you! It really is!