Sunday, March 31, 2019

Taxes Paid


No big surprises -- I wasn't expecting to get money back, after hearing from everyone else at around my income level, and indeed I did not. But at least I didn't have to pay anything. (We got a tiny refund, less than $50, from the Feds, and a slightly larger one from the state.)

Was there a tax cut? Yeah, you couldn't tell it by me. I've been getting about $30 extra a month on my paycheck, but then I also got a 1% cost of living raise. $30/month is about right for that, after taxes. (And no, a 1% raise does not begin to cover the rise in the cost of living here.)

So Trump's big tax cuts are going to someone else, not people like me (in the 3rd percentile, or solidly middle-class).

And I bet you can guess whose receiving those giant tax cuts, too.

Vote the GOP out in 2020.


2 comments:

nicoleandmaggie said...

*raises hand*

We got a tax cut we didn't need. Vote BLUE across the board!

delagar said...


That's what I'm hearing -- tax cuts are going to those in the top percentile. It's a shock! /sarcasm.

And yes, vote blue!