Thursday, November 10, 2016

Things Could Be Worse...


...though right now I am struggling to see how.

My one hope is that Donald Trump is, in fact, a joke -- he knows nothing about how the US Government works, he has no ability to negotiate or to work with other people, and he has the attention span of a gnat. How much will a man this inept be able to accomplish?

That's my hope, anyway. As I'm telling all the smug, triumphant, Trump-supporters I know, yeah, let's check back in a year or two. See how we think then.


4 comments:

D Shannon said...

I can imagine - Something happens to Trump, and Mike Pence, who's not a complete incompetent, takes over the White House.

Sorry.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Mike Pence is worse than Trump. Trump is worse than the devil (if you believe in that sort of thing, which I actually don't, but you know...). Anyway...basically, what I think of Pence is that he'd turn the clock back to the 1890s for women.

Rosa said...

I had a cheering thought today. You know all those stories about Trump yelling at and firing people, that staff at Mar-a-lago keep fat staff out of sight so they don't get fired, etc?

The staff at the White House are civil servants. I believe they're union, too. But in any case they have process rights, they can't be fired on a whim.

He's going to be SO! SAD! when he tries to yell at a doorman or fire a waiter suddenly.

delagar said...

Trump's already showing us the President he will be, what with his tweet about people protesting. (First Amendment? What's that?)

He's going to be a train wreck.